Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The sun will come out tomorrow! We just need to follow the Son! 1/28/2015


 
 
 
At the airport, I didn’t let tears come; I just cried on the inside.  I wanted to be strong!  After security the other missionaries began to talk; I had to be the one to start the rest of the conversations because they were so sad and we needed to be happy.  I have to admit on the flight from Newark to Manchester they gave out pillows.  I used mine as mostly as a snot rag.  Homesickness is getting less now that I am here. 
 
 
There are 4 sisters and 16 elders until tomorrow; we will be getting 5 new elders and 10 sisters.
There are 10 in our district but in two weeks there are more 2 weekers, German speakers coming. This week there are only 15 missionaries coming.  In 2 weeks there should be 70 missionaries in the mtc. Super crazy, they said the most they have had is 90-100
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Fun fact Elder Donald sat next to me on that flight, Elder McLean on the other side of him, Elder Carter right in front of me, and Elder Maw next to him. We all sat together and now we are all in the same district.  This is Sister Priest that had to run to catch the plane in Newark.  She barely made it before the doors closed.
 
I just need to be easier on myself; I will learn German in time. It is so hard for Sister Cramer and me.  We are struggling, can you add us to your prayers? I am trying to stay afloat! I find that I just get the surface a lot of things and most things go over my head.   We speak in German so much; it is like anytime we teach it’s German. Our instructors teach all in German then repeats in English.  All lessons with investigators are in German.
No, we haven’t went tracking and we won’t because we don’t have a visa. We just role play with the teachers acting like investigators.
 
 
You have no idea how many times I have read that quote form President Strong.  “The harder you work, the easier it becomes, and quicker the time will go!”  I am trying to figure out how I can work harder.  I have used up my note cards for learning ten new German words a week, long with using them for learning lessons.  Well, maybe the sun will come out tomorrow bet your bottom dollar; there will be sun.  We have to go through the storm before the sun comes again!  Today was a self-searching day at the temple.
 

 

Flowers at the temple

We went to the temple today and it was great!  I was one of the last out of the celestial room; my comp wanted to go earlier so he went with other elders. I didn’t want to leave yet, so I was wondering if you could send names.  We go to the temple every pday, so I would love to do family names.
 

Walking back from the book store here with the sisters in our district.

So, today we got money! 10 pounds so that was super exciting!  It bought my groceries and I got a sweatshirt.   I paid with cash and the cashiers were super nice because I had no idea what coins were worth what. So, they politely helped me; by that I mean they nicely told me which ones.  If felt like when a parent does that for  a small child to help them learn:)
 
 
 
 
There are no vending machines here in the mtc. The food is good, they cook every meal.   Breakfast is sometimes cereal but besides that they cook food.   It’s not a buffet, but you can go back and get more. I don’t because I get things like fruit and try to not eat like a pig and gain a whole lot of weight I’m full with one serving. I had fish and chips though and I actually enjoyed it the fish was good. Their hash browns are nasty; they taste like they come from like a green potatoes. They are a slight color of green, so they are not as good as Idahoans potatoes. Random fact of the day they don’t refrigerate eggs here.  I love vimto, it’s a fizzy drink.
 
This is our daily schedule...
6:30 wake up
7-7:30 Breakfast
7:30-8:30 personal study
8:30-9:30 lesson in German
9:30-10:30 lesson same thing
10:30-11:30 comp study
11:30-12:00 additional study
12-12:30 lunches
12:30-1:30 additional study
1:30-2:30 tall so languages study on the computer like Rosetta stone
2:30-3:30 language study
3:30-5 prepare for exercise and get ready for dinner
5-6 dinner
6-7 coaching missionary study so teacher helping anything you need
7-9 comp study/ teach "investigators" teachers acting like investigators
9-9:30 planning then
9:30-9:45 is happy hour! Just joking it is snack time
I love you all so such!
Elder Bowers

  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment